The lesson I've learned is to be grateful...

This post may catch a few people off guard and I certainly don't want to offend anyone, but reality has a way of making you sit up and take notice.

My father died a few weeks ago, June 28, 2007. It was an event that was not unexpected, but it still rocks my world when I think that he is no longer there to give me the gentle encouragement that I was raised with.

What I want to share with you is a bit about how I'm getting through this life changing event. Essentually, I'm working, or trying to work. AND, for once I'm letting people help me. It sad that I had to wait until my father passed away that I realized I can show my vulnerability and people won't kick me in the teeth, but lend me hand and help me keep going.

What I've also learned through this experience is to be grateful. I am grateful to have had a father like Haver C. "Dan" Danner and a mother like Gertrude Danner. Dad's hands were huge and the only thing bigger was his and my mother's love for their family . I'm also grateful for the my brothers and my sister. My friends have been wonderful and supportive. I can't tell you how truly amazing the Mail Print staff has been. They are the best and if you are a client you already know that.

I'm also grateful for my clients. They have been understanding and supportive... THANK YOU.

Finally, I want to share with you that even though my father was just a month shy of 80 years old when he passed, life is short. Be sure to take time to be with those people that are important in your life and tell them how important they are.

No comments: